Frequently asked questions
Where are you based?
– We currently are based around the triangle in North Carolina. We generally work in areas such as Oxford, Durham, and Raleigh.
Travel states: New Jersey and Virginia
Do you have a studio?
– Yes, we are located at 2530 Meridian Parkway Durham, NC 27713 STE 300
What are your business hours?
- Monday-Friday from 9:00AM-4:00PM
How can I reach you?
- Office: 919-831-2198
- Business cell: 919-764-6809 (text only)
We understand that text messaging may be a little easier for some but we have found it less effective in the past. Text messaging can be used on session days. All other questions/concerns must be directly through email.
OMG, I’m running late!
We understand that things happen! However, If you are more than 15 minutes late then your session will be cancelled. We value all of our client’s time and have to stay on schedule for all of our clients. If we do not have another client right after we can offer extended time for a fee at the discretion of the photographer. Extended time fees will be billed after your session and must be paid in full before your gallery is issued to you.
Extended time fee: $25.00 (15 minutes), $50.00 (30 minutes), $100.00 (60 minutes)
***As a result of a reschedule because of a last minute cancellation, tardiness or a no-show client will have to pay a $50.00 fee and full booking fee. No refunds will be given.***
How long will it take to get a response from you?
- It generally takes between 24-48 hours to get a response through email. If you would like to schedule a call please request through email to see if availability is open.
Do you have a travel rate?
- Travel fee of $0.51/mile will be charged if location is over 25 miles. Invoice will be emailed separately once a session is booked. Out of state fees are not the same as in state travel fees. Different rates apply.
How early can we book our session?
– You may book your appointment as early as 3-6 months out. Sessions can be scheduled online.
How long will it take to receive my pictures?
- Typical turn around can take up to 14 business days. If you would like to check on your portraits reach out through email only at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have cancelled my appointment. What timeframe can I reschedule?
- Your appointment must be rescheduled within two weeks of your cancelled appointment. We will only honor this if you have cancelled your appointment 48 hours before your session.
Can you finish my photos before 14 business days? Sure, rush fees pricing is listed below:
1 day- $100.00
3-5 days- $30.00
How long do I have to copy my photos from my gallery?
- After two weeks you will no longer have access to your photos. We will keep your photos up to 3 months in our external hard drive. Access to your photos can be granted with a restock fee of $25.00.
How much does it cost to add extra photos into my package?
– Adding additional pictures to your package will cost $10.00 per image.
Do I buy prints from you?
– Yes you can buy prints from us!
Do you offer portrait framing?
– We currently do not offer portrait framing but we will in the future.
Is there an additional fee to obtain my package?
- No, there are no additional fees unless you purchase additional items such as prints. We will send your digitalis electronically.
Do you offer payment plans?
– Payment plans are offered through our company but must be paid in full before attending the session. For those interested in our shop now, pay later, we are offering a program through Affirm.
Do you have a referral program?
- For each new client referred to us, existing clients will receive a 10% off their next session. There is no limit to the credit existing clients can earn. New clients must inform the photographer of the name of the referring client.
What can I wear during the photoshoot?
– It is totally up to you! Be yourself. If you need some recommendations feel free to ask your photographer. Please make sure to come prepared before your session. We do not allow a grace period before due to limited time. Please arrive 15 minutes before your session If you need to get your hair/makeup or wardrobe in order. This allows you to feel relaxed and not rushed during your session.
About Your Session
Please arrive 15 minutes early to your session. This allows us to relax and not feel rushed during the beginning of your shoot. If you will be running late please give us a call to ensure that you are still coming. If you are more than 15 minutes late then your session will be cancelled. In result to a reschedule because of a last minute cancellation, tardiness or a no show client will have to pay a $50.00 fee and full booking fee. No refunds will be given.
If the need arises to cancel your appointment or reschedule please do so over the telephone or via email at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to cancel within 48 hours before session will result in a fee of $25.00. Client must reschedule appointment within two weeks of cancelled appointment.
Under no circumstances refunds are not given.
Travel fee of $0.51/mile will be charged if location is over 25 miles. Invoice will be emailed separately once session is booked. Out of state fees are not the same as in state travel fees. Different rates apply.
All sessions require a 50% deposit and full payment 72 hours before attending session. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Payment plans are available.
After session is over each image is put through a careful selection process. You will see only images that meet the high standards of the photographer. Duplicate images, images with eyes closed, or unflattering poses are removed during this selection process. The selection process is the right of the photographer and part of the custom portrait process.
All images receive basic retouching. We only retouch temporary things such as stray hairs, spots, acne, etc. We will not retouch birthmarks or scars
Copyright for all images is the sole property of the photographer and Envisioned By You Photography, LLC and protected by the Federal Copyright Law. It is illegal to copy, scan, print, or reproduce these images in any way without permission from the photographer. This includes scanning or downloading images for the purposes of emailing or printing them at home. Doing so may result in fines up to $150,000.
The photographer has the exclusive right to make reproductions. The photographer shall only make reproductions for the client or for the use in the photographer's portfolio, advertising, samples, website, and display within or outside studio. The photographer also has the right to enter these images into photographic competitions, art exhibitions, or publications. No identifying names will be given in connection with usage of any image. We understand that sometimes there are circumstances where you may not wish for your image to be used for any of these purposes. Please notify photographer and the company if this is the case. No fees, royalties, or payment of any kind will be owed in connection with any usage made of any image captured or created by Envisioned By You Photography, LLC